Friday, June 26, 2015

My First Five for Friday!

I decided to link up for my first Five for Friday! 



Monday and Tuesday marked my first two days of summer and where was I?!? At school, of course! My school is a STEM school and this year on our half days, we had STEM days. Every grade has experiments that we completed with the students. The students had a blast! So Monday and Tuesday, my colleagues and I planned four days worth of STEM days for every grade. We got a lot done and I am pretty excited about the experiments my students will get to complete!



We were able to bless a family in our church by helping them move in on Tuesday night. It's been a long couple of weeks for them so to finally be in their own place was great. They had moved out of their townhouse a couple of weeks ago and stayed with us for a long weekend. They have done some house hopping until they got into their new house this week. 



I love to quilt! It's really relaxing and enjoyable. I primarily make baby blankets for my friends and family that have babies. I have probably made about 13 over the last 7 years. I made two this week because my cousins are coming to town with two babies we haven't met yet. Here are the quilts:



 I love Saved By the Bell! It was a great show that I grew up with. I have had seasons 1-4 since college but was missing season five. I found it recently at BJ's for 7.99! So when I was quilting this week, I was able to finish the whole season! It's an interesting one because half way through the season, Kelly and Jessie leave and Tori comes into the picture. I am not a huge fan of Tori but there are some good episodes like the obstacle course one. Such a great show!




My little man is 20 months old! I love this stage because he is learning and saying new things all the time. This week, when I went to pick him up from daycare, he was sitting in the four year old room playing with play dough. He was so focused on it and was enjoying every minute. I almost couldn't get him to come home with me! So when we got home, I took out our play dough. It was great to watch him interact with it!


2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness! I love your quilts! I have made a few and it is SO much work, but the end is so worth it. I hope to make some more for friends who are having babies this year.

    I love that YOU love Save by the Bell- haha! One of my favorite shows ever! Have you seen the skit on Jimmy Fallon? It was amazing!

    Lindsay
    Just Keep Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am glad that you like quilting too! It can be a lost art but I find great pleasure in it! Oh my goodness, the skit on Jimmy Fallon was awesome and accurate! I love that he has an appreciation for good shows! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete