Thursday, June 25, 2015

TPT Seller Challenge #2: Dare to Dream

I am really excited for TPT Seller Challenge #2 put on from these wonderful bloggers!Sparkling in Second Peppy Zesty Teacherista

Dare to Dream is a great challenge and an easy one for me! Ask me to dream with money I wish I had or hope to have one day...no problem! My husband and I dream big every once in a while when we buy Powerball tickets. 
Here are my dreams:
#1 Pay Off Student Loans: This is a huge one! My husband and I have crazy amounts of student loans. His program was five years and mine was four years but I went to grad school as well. It would be amazing to not have the burden of paying off loans and be able to use that money for something else. We are truly thankful for the education that we got but it would be nice to not have to be paying off our education when our son goes to college!

#2 Attend the TPT Conference in Vegas: I would love for this dream to come true! I have been following bloggers for about 3-4 years now and I feel like they are all my friends. I read what is going on in their lives and classrooms and I share it with my friends and colleagues. At the same time, it's hard to watch from afar and I want to be in the action! I want to know all of these wonderful educators in real life and I want to learn from them. I want to be a part of their seminars and learn how to be a more successful blogger and teacher! 

#3 Bless My Students and Others: I have spent the last seven years teaching students in low income areas. It is hard to watch my students struggle with not having the materials, clothes, and food that they need. I tend to buy lots of supplies throughout the summer for my students but I can only afford so much. It would be great to be able to provide for my students so they can learn to the best of their ability. I would also like to bless my church. God is doing amazing things within our church and with the ministries we support. Our church's mission is "to make passionate, maturing followers of Christ from here to the nations" and they have a true heart for missions. There are many people who go on short term mission trips and it would be great to support them in their mission. 

#4 Travel With My Family: Most of my family and my husband's family don't live in Maryland. It's hard when my son doesn't get to see his grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins very often because they are scattered around the country. It would be great to have the freedom to visit family when we want to. Also, I would love my son to know more about the great country we live in and be exposed to new experiences. 

I am sure that there are other things I could add to my dream list but these are the big ones. In order for these dreams to become a reality, I need to get going on my products! At least I can keep saying to myself "Dare to Dream" and I know what I am working toward!


2 comments :