Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My Classroom

I am back again today to link up with Blog Hoppin for their Back to School Week. Today is all about my classroom!

Teachers started back to school yesterday and our students start next Monday. The pictures I have are of my classroom so far. I will share more next week when the room is complete.

Here is my classroom door, provided by The Techie Teacher's IPod Door Set. I received several compliments and it's a great splash of color.


As you walk into my classroom, you see all the lockers. I love having lockers! It's nice to keep the clutter out of the room. Grades 1-5 have lockers in their room.


I will be teaching fourth grade math, science and social studies this year. I tried to make a board for each content area and I am going to have a word wall for all the words we learn across the contents. Can you spot my penguin friend?


There is my wonderful SMART board! I have been blessed to have used a SMART board or a Promethean board for six years out of eight years of teaching. It's been a great learning experience and the kids enjoy too! I have my name banner that I made from FlapJack Educational Resources' template. It was really easy to make and looks pretty!

Here is the back of the room with my library and United States rug. I was so happy to find that rug for 20 dollars at BJs. I will also hold my math small group back there.


Here is one of the best parts of my room...I have an office! When I came to this school for the first time and saw I had an office I was so excited! There is a lot of cabinet space and it really helps to keep a lot of my stuff out of the classroom and not taking up precious space. I share it with the teacher next to me. For the last two years, I shared with my friend Chaya, who taught second grade and I taught first. This year I am teaching fourth grade at the other end of the school and I was going to be the main fourth grade teacher teaching 30 students in one class. Today we found out that we have enough enrolled to get another fourth grade teacher and that is Chaya! So the staff pitched in and moved her room down next to me! So now we are office mates and teammates!

As you can see, I still have a bunch of things to do but it is a start! Can't wait to get it all organized!

No comments :

Post a Comment